The creative industry is stuck in the old ways of working and thinking - most tools operate as single user tools with regular files, making collaboration difficult or in the case of remote work, sometimes not even possible. Creating content deserves to be a team sport.
Backed by Supernode Global and Lightbox Expo, Magma Studio is bringing state of the art real-time collaborative digital painting to over 40k users on a daily basis.
Digital painting is just the beginning. Imagine animation, vector, 3D tools and video, which are accessible fully from the browser, by anyone, from anywhere.
As a Full-Stack Software Engineer you will be building kick-ass functionality around both existing features as well as those planned on our roadmap:
- Team / community workspace
- New drawing tools and algorithms
- Specialized hardware support via WebHID and browser plugins
- Usage of modern browser APIs for better performance and functionality - WebGL, WebAssembly, FileSystem API
- All aspects of collaboration (real-time, offline - such as comments, email notifications)
- Mass-streaming and spectating for the creative process
- Content management, work hand off, reviews
- Voice-chat functionality
- Making sure the platform can scale up to a million users
- New types of content (animation, vector, 3D, videos)
- Interoperability with other industry tools
Our Tech Stack
- Backend Frameworks: Node.JS 14.x, TypeScript 4.2, Nest.JS/Express, Mongoose Data store: MongoDB, Min.IO Tools: Docker, docker-compose
- Frontend: Angular 12, TypeScript, Webpack 5
- Technologies: WebGL, WebHID
- Cloudflare - to protect and accelerate our solution
- Notion - for both internal and external documentation
- GitLab - for code development, CI/CD and board management
- Google Apps - for meetings, email and calendars
- Slack - for daily communication
- Be kind.
- Build something that you’ll be proud of.
- Don’t be afraid to speak your mind.
- Listening is harder than speaking.
- Feedback is the best opportunity to grow.
- Facts are more important than opinions.
- Go the extra mile to make the user happy.
- Eat your own dog food.
We’re all adults. We trust you to do the work and as long as we communicate on standups, report blockers and ask for feedback - nobody will look over your shoulder.
Aside from customer and team meetings, you’ll have full flexibility when you work. Need to go to the gym or grab a drink with your friends during business hours? Knock yourself out. ;)
We want you to not only feel part of the team, but actually BE part of it. You will be able to affect the culture, values and processes yourself. Your feedback and input will be valuable.
What you’ll need
- Passion for software engineering and problem solving
- Understanding of how software works end-to-end and how it interacts with the hardware
- Ability to take a product specification, architect a solution and then implement it - alone or with the team
- Good communication skills. Blockers, ideas, status updates and questions need to be effectively communicated using Slack, Gitlab, Notion etc. In a nutshell, don’t be a stranger! :)
- Open mind to take constructive feedback and self-improve
- Willingness to try new things and look for a better way
- Self-motivation and remote work skill-set
- Flexibility to work with team members and customers in different timezones
- Proficiency in at least one low-level programming language (often goes along with understanding how software works)
It would be great if you have
- Passion for some aspect of the creative process (art creation, game development, video making)
- Experience in 2D or 3D graphics as well as in graphical APIs
- Hobby projects or a work portfolio on Github, or elsewhere
What you get
- Competitive salary
- Stock Options that make you a co-owner in the company
- Build a company with us and learn how startups work from inside-out
- Unparalleled work flexibility